Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Tomatoes find their way to our table quite a bit. Whether as a condiment to our sandwiches, in a salsa or sauce - these guys are a nice addition to many a meal. Tomatoes are not only delicious but offer you a nice dose of lycopene, vitamin C as well as vitamins A, E and potassium. As we have a pretty serious tomato garden during the warmer months, we are always looking for other fun recipes to incorporate our bountiful harvest!
This recipe is a favorite for our girls and we hope your family enjoys it too - it's very easy to make - so why not invite your little ones into the kitchen to help out with this recipe!
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sliced tomatoes on baking sheet and top with Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. then drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and the cheese has melted and browned slightly on top.