Roasted Broccoli with Lemon & Parmesan Cheese
A number of mommies in the playgroups around here have been raving about this recipe because not only do they love it but their children do too. A number of kids who wouldn't touch broccoli are not only eating this, but requesting it! It's super easy to prepare too!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 4 to 5 pounds broccoli (or 2 large bunches) cut into florets and thoroughly dried
- 6 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lemon and zest
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place broccoli on a cookie sheet.
- Toss with 5Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss into mixture.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes in oven
- Zest a lemon over the broccoli,
- Squeeze juice of half of a lemon over the broccoli
- Add 1.5 Tbsp more olive oil
- Add 3 Tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Add 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- & ENJOY -